Monday, October 19, 2009

I have been meaning to blog but kept falling asleep before doing so. :(

There for here is a catch up post.

Saturday the hubby,my 13 year old cousin and I went to the Ocoee Whitewater/Olympic Center to enjoy the day. Only thing was the fact that it was close to 50 degrees! We froze. The only place to sit there is in the resturaunt or outside on the decks. Well we decided to buy some hot coco and sit on the deck...where we froze! lol

The hubby decided to take my cam and go walking down one of the trails. I had hoped to use some of his pictures here but they are 90% blurry. lol He doesn't know about using different functions for taking different pictures so he used the Moutain setting to take all pictures. I still love him tho!(the above picture was taken by the hubby if you can't tell!)

While the hubby walked around they was kind enough to let us into the metting room to stay warm! Guess what I did while I was in there??
Oh I was knitting on my Monkey sock! I finnished them btw!

They are done filling this part with water for the year.So it was really low.That is all natural rocks from the area but they cemented them into place for the Olympics. It is the only one of its kind build on a prexisting river bed!(If you can't tell I talked to the lady behind the deck for awhile! lol)
This looks like it would be a great swimming hole. lolHere is the back of the building from across the water...See that umbrella on the bottom right? Two tables over to the left is where we sat in the cold eatting salads and sandwhichs! It was cold but we enjoyed it!There was no unbrellas on the other tables so the wind kept slapping us...atleast we was behind bushes..but then again the wind wasn't comming from that way! lol
On our way up there we saw people rafting! I love seeing them do that. But humm did I tell you it was close to 50 degrees? These people are crazy! lol But it looks fun!! I did get a picture but lets just say I was in a moving car which the hubby was driving and he had a lead foot most of the drive. So the cam couldn't keep up with his foot. ;)

It was a wonderful day! I hope to do more stuff next year before it gets cold. Maybe if my knitting group grows we can make it a field trip! lol Not that it has anything to do with yarn but it is a nice place to chill!

I will end this here and catch up tomorrow! I have made a few mre items,visited with a friend and got some new patterns. OH I have even taked up a knit knitting thing! I will write about all that tomorrow!

Have a great one and please check back tomorrow!

Mrs.Lawrence

5 comments:

  1. Pretty view! Too cold for me, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is near our house! We are about 20 minutes away. It is such a great place. They have really nice hiking trails there too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was cold Sara! But we wanted something to do it thats about the only thing to do. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. REALLY KnitWitch?! OMG I so wish I had known that! I could of came to your house and got me some yarn and one of Waynes Bowls! Or we could of meet up!

    But then again that would mean I would have to say something to ya. lol (remember I saw you 2 times at the Yarn Harlot thing and was to aww struck to say anything to ya! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I was cold just looking at those. I can onkly imangine holing dpns and with frozen fingers. terrific job on the socks!!

    ReplyDelete