Thursday, October 8, 2009

Blog Catch up..long winded

Sorry about not blogging last night. There was a BAD storm here last night and I couldn't keep power long enough to be online. But I am now playing catch up!


Wed I tried the Taco Ring that I had posted about on Tue.


"Wow! Is this going to fit?"

"Now this looks great!"

"YUM-O!"

"Hum....Where did it go?"

As you can see we loved it! I had to rescue some for hubby to take to work and a few to take to my nana and cousin to try! I now have some ideas for other things!!! I plan on trying 1 or 2 next week. So keep an eye out!


This afternoon I decided I wanted to try out my new pan that my nana got me a few months ago. I had a pack of Martha White Blueberry muffin mix that I could use. So I turned the oven on 400 degrees and mixed it all up.I then spooned it into each spot.

I baked them for 10 mins.That's when the tops looked good.

"Oh my! The bottom are burnt!"

Yes the bottoms was kind of burnt. Not rock hard but kind of stiff and they tasted like...well the bottoms tasted burnt. But if you pulled the top/middle away from all of that they was fine.

This was my first time cooking anything in this pan. I figured this would happen! Next time I will turn the oven down to 350degrees I think. This "should" fix the problem. but if not I will try again and go down to 300degrees. lol If you are reading this and you KNOW what temp it should go on please let me know!

Tonight for supper we decided to go out to Steak-n-Shake for a good salad. I tried a salad with Chicken in it for the first time. (I had never tried ANY meat in a salad before) I loved it! I want more!!! The hubby had a grilled chicken sandwich. It looked good also...if you take the sauce off it. lol Guess where we will go eat tomorrow? Can't guess? Well you will just have to read the blog tomorrow night to find out! :)

After eating I decided since I was so close to the newer Walmart I would go out there and look for some Caron Simply Soft yarn. So I begged the hubby and he caved. But when I get out there there is NO Caron on the shelf's! I went to ask the fabric lady and she said she was told to pull it all and put it on sale. She doesn't know if there going to stop caring it or not tho. I bet they are. :( When I found the yarn it was marked down to $1.50! OH MY! I wish I had money to burn! i could of bought a lot. But I only got 5 skeins.Thursday is payday so I might be able to get more then. (still wont be more then 6 or 7 skeins.)

We checked out and headed for home in the dark. It was nice and cool out there! I was enjoying it.

Once we got home I got ready to hang out in bed all night and put in Star Wars 1. Not 10 mins after changing clothes my nana calls. They had to buy a new tv for my papa and a DVD player. But they can not hook this stuff up. So they needed me to come over and do it. I said I could tomorrow because the hubby had to leave for work in an hour. Well she said papa was in there trying to do it. That's when I knew I had better go NOW! lol

I got there and hooked it all up in less than 10 mins. I don't know why but things that are electronic are simple to me. I put up a ceiling fan all by myself and didn't even look at the book! I had never done it before or messed with wires. But the fan still works so I did it right. lol

On to my knitting.

Last night I finished my hat with the brim.But I haven't gotten a peice of canvas for the brim yet.Maybe tomorrow I will get that and have some pictures of it.

I have 3 skeins of yarn that I knit with and can't pick a pattern for eaither skein. :( They are Patons Silk Bamboo which is a light yarn with only 102 yards,Classic Elite yarns Wool Bam Boo which is DK wi only 118 yards and the third is Plymouth Yarn Mulberry Merino which is worsted(i think) with 99 yards. Got any ideas? I don't have kids. ;)

Since I couldn't find anything and I didn't want to make an account on another site just to buy a pattern I decided on making the Celtic Cable Neckwarmer which is a free pattern on Ravelry. Each row is a lot of work compaired to what I am used to but I need something to wake my mind up after knitting all this garter stitch hats. ;)

Well I have talked long enough for one post. Please leave a comment so I know someone is out there reading my words! have a great day!

Mrs.Lawrence

4 comments:

  1. That taco ring looks amazing! Don't worry about the muffins sometimes you have to break in the pan befoee it behaves right;)

    i am heartbroken over wal-mart removing al teh caron simply soft. I use this for so many things and now I am forced to go to Hobby lobby where I will inevitably by more than just yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 400 sounds rather hot for baking. I usually bake most of my stuff at 350 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was WONDERFUL! As you can see in the picture! ;)
    The pan can kiss my butt! LOL nahhh I will try again!
    Hobby Lobby is evil! It has all the good stuff there! I ONLY go if theres a 40% off coupon. lol That way if I see something not on sale I can get it on sale. ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cecily the package of muffins said 400. But oh well. I tore the good part away from the bottoms and ate some.

    Next time I am trying 350. ;)

    Thanks for posting a comment!

    ReplyDelete