Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mountian Apples and Fresh Air!

Yesterday I took a little trip with my nana,my little cousin and my husband. My cousin had foot surgery again and is still home bound. But she was going insane so we planed a trip to Ellijay to get some apples and fried pies.

We all loaded up in my Roadmaster and headed for the hills! My nana tried to get up to NOT go up the mountain.She wanted to go around them. But we was taking the trip to see the mountains so we all voited and going up the Mountain won! lol

It was a wonderful ride up there. We stopped at a pull off to take some pictures. At the railling it just drops off and you can not see the bottom! My nana wouldn't get out of the car. But ofcourse me and the hubby did. It was such a wonderful view!

(yes we ran into some rainpast this part of the road.But it wasn't much and all was good!)


There was lots of writting and spray painting on the overlook area. This is the best one EVER!Just to the left of it is said "mmmmm titties". LMAO


After this we continued on our way.It is a wonderful drive beside the creek!(river?) It looked sooo inviting. But ofcourse we didn't go swimming. It was a little chilly up there!

I didn't get any pictures of the Apple Trees. My batteries died on me. :( But we stopped at over favorite place for apples.... BJ Reece Apple House. We got a gallon of Apple Cider,a bag of fresh green peanuts and 1/2 peck of Granny Smith Apples. (the 1.2 peck is $5! GOSH!)

As soon as we all got back into the car we all got apples and the shaker of salt! This is something that we always do! I guess its a ritual! ;)

After this stop we made one more for Fried Pies...ewwwww....and Peanut Butter Fudge! My fudge made it home but only one is still in there! lol


Next everyone wanted a real meal.So I talked them all into going to "Pig on the Hill"!They have wonderful BBQ! But I hadn't been there in atleast 14 years. I hoped it was as good as I remembered it.

It wasn't. The BBQ sandwhich was just the chicken with some BBQ sauce poured over it. Don't get me wrong it was still good. But it wasn't TRUE BBQ to me. I think the chicken should of been COOKED with the sauce on it. But you live and you learn! I would go back but I would get something else.

Here is why they call it "Pig on the Hill".


Those are wooden pigs on sticks that people have painted there names on and the restaurant stuck into the ground and formed this "Pig on the Hill". Pretty cool! There all over the parking lot and on the building! (no I have never wrote on a pig.) Trust me...there EVERYWHERE!(i found a dollar store and bought some cheap batteries)



On the pig is the real name of the Restaurant. But everyone calls it "Pig on the Hill".

After we all stuffed our bellies we decided it was time to go home. So we said good bye to East Ellijay and took the NON mountain route home.



We had a wonderful time! I just wish we had more time and money to do more things! But we got want we wanted to a point and thats what matters!

We plan on going to the place where the Olympic whitewater rafting was held sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. It's not that far away but it will be fun to go to. So stay tuned for that!

Well that is my post for today! Please add me to your feed and look for a new post tomorrow!

Have a great night!

Mrs.Lawrence

4 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a lot of pig signs!! Looks like you all had a fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a lot of fun and the weather was wonderful and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is not all the pig signs!!! There was tons more!
    We did! I hope to go to Burt's Pumpkin Farm next month!

    ReplyDelete