Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Crafting and booboo's

Well today I tryed my hand at making a stocking. The shape that I drawed looked wonderful! So I cut out 4 pieces and went to work. Here is what I got....


Do you see that little toe? OH MY! That wasn't what I planned! So I had to come up with a better plan. (note the picture is taken with my webcam)

So off I went to HobbyLobby.com to see what sale was going on. I was hoping those stocking patterns would be on sale for 99cents...guess what?! They was! Not wanting to go for only one item I looked to see what the coupon of this week was. 40% off! SWEET I noticed it was only an hour till the hubby got up so I passed the time by with Plurk.com .


While I was looking up the patterns in the book at hobby Lobby a woman asked me what I was planing to make. I told her stockings. Then she said that I should just go buy the cheap felt ones and use it as a templet! DUDE Why didn't I think of that?! lol So I rushed as fast as I could to the stockings. I found one in the size I wanted and one in a larger size. Since the larger one was almost $2 I used the 40% off on it. lol


I also bought 1/2 yard of 4 different fabrics. They was all 30% off! Trust me...I shop deals!


When I got home I went to try my hand at making another Stocking! Here was the out come of try #2o


This time it came out perfect! It measures 6" w/o loop. The loop measures 2 3/4". These are perfect for pet/kid treats,Gift Cards/Lottery Tickets or any other number of items!

Tomorrow I should have more time to make a few more! So get ready! lol

Today I opened up my Etsy shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=8074623 If you see something on my Artfire shop but would raither but it thru Etsy please let me know and I will list it on Etsy for you. But there will be a 20 cent add on since Etsy charges listing fees.

In knitting news I only just started a pet blanket. It is getting cool here so its time to start protecting those little ones! I am using Homespun for it. Pictures of that tomorrow. The colors are dark and wouldn't show this late at night.

I got in the mood today to watch some tv. But since I don't have cable and I have watched everything on Hulu.com I decided to see what was in my movie cabinet. That's when I discovered my unopened "The Jeff Foxworthy Show Season 1" dvd. I forgot I had it. I cracked it open and sat glued to the tv thru all 18 eps! It was funny. But now I want season 2. lol

Now I am watching "Interview with the Vampire". Hooked?....Me?....Never! :) Ann Rice rocked!

Well I guess I will end here for now. I want to do a few more rows before going to bed and it is already 2:50am. lol So good night and remember to let me know your reading by leaving me a comment! Thanks

Mrs.Lawrence

1 comment: